In a partnership with Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami (ITK), an organization that's dedicated to improving the wellbeing of Canada's Inuit community, Canada Goose released a series of gender-neutral parkas for Project Atigi, which celebrate Inuit artisanship.
The bespoke collection features a total of 90 different parkas, with the brand commissioning 18 Inuit designers to create them. Each designer developed five designs of their own, with each one meant to reflect elements of their culture and community.
Project Atigi, Canada's Goose's social entrepreneurship program, was established in 2019 in order to celebrate Inuit craftsmanship and design, as the brand has drawn much of its inspiration from the community since its inception.
Atigi 2.0 marks the second release from the program. As was the case the first release from Project Atigi, designers receive commission on their designs, maintain the rights to their work, and all sale proceeds go towards ITK.
Image Credit: Canada Goose
Canada Goose Collaborated with Inuit Designers for Project Atigi
1. Celebrating Ethnicities Products - Brands are increasingly collaborating with artists from different cultures in their creative processes, which creates an opportunity to bring authentic and diverse products to the market.
2. Sustainable Collections - Sustainability continues to be an ongoing trend in the fashion industry, and it creates an opportunity for brands to bring products to the market with a focus on social and environmental responsibility.
3. Social Entrepreneurship Initiatives - Businesses are becoming increasingly socially responsible, and social entrepreneurship initiatives like Project Atigi create opportunities for brands to positively impact society while simultaneously promoting their products.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry has the opportunity to create more inclusive products with diverse influences through collaborations with artists from different fields.
2. Social Entrepreneurship - Social entrepreneurship initiatives are on the rise, and businesses have the opportunity to create positive change for society while simultaneously promoting their products and services.
3. Marketing - Incorporating partnerships with non-profit organizations or representation from marginalized communities in advertising campaigns and product lines could increase brand awareness and customer loyalty.