As much as hi-tech, futuristic products are cool and all, designs like these Primary Clocks are just as appealing. Instead of inundating the public with designs that try to rival the unique qualities of Apple products, these Primary Clocks take advantage of our nostalgic needs. Not only do these timepieces have a simple aesthetic, they also have a childlike quality that will transport you right back into your elementary school years.
Created by London-based product designer David Weatherhead, the Primary Clocks were presented at the A Product of Geometry show, which focused on examining the process of the object. In this case, the Primary clocks took inspiration "from everything from the Bauhaus to a road safety sign to a triangular back reflector on a trailer," according to the site.
David Weatherhead's Primary Clocks are Cute and Simple
1. Nostalgic Design - Opportunity for designers to create simple yet nostalgic products that appeal to consumers' childhood memories.
2. Primary Colors - Use of bold primary colors in product design to differentiate from the minimalist and sleek designs of hi-tech products.
3. Minimalist Aesthetic - Incorporating a childlike and simple aesthetic in product designs to create a unique and refreshing look.
1. Home Decor - Opportunity for home decor companies to create visually appealing clocks and other decor items that use nostalgic design and primary colors.
2. Children's Toys - Opportunity for toy companies to incorporate simple, wooden designs that reflect a nostalgic aesthetic and childlike curiosity.
3. Fashion Accessories - Opportunity for fashion accessory designers to incorporate bold primary colors and minimalist design elements into products like watches, jewelry, and bags.