You're likely familiar with the type of chair that consists of an outer upholstery and an inside stuffed with beans, beads or bits of foam; well, the PP Capsule is made this way too, except that it boasts far more eco-friendly manufacturing than the vast majority of furnishings you'll find in the average home.
The KaCaMa Design Lab grinds up 4,000 plastic bottle caps that are discarded from disposal facilities and uses them as one would use beans in a beanbag chair. The pieces are turned into small enough slivers that the overall effect is that of a light and cushiony feel for the sitter. The PP Capsule stool is sealed up by environmentally responsible polyester material that's fabricated from post-consumer PET bottles in assorted bright colors.
The PP Capsule is Manufactured from 100% Recycled Materials, Inside and Out
1. Eco-friendly Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to explore sustainable manufacturing methods using recycled materials.
2. Upcycling - Opportunity for businesses to repurpose discarded materials, such as plastic bottle caps, into new and functional products.
3. Sustainable Furniture - Innovative chance for furniture industry to create environmentally friendly seating options that are both stylish and eco-conscious.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Opportunity for furniture manufacturers to incorporate recycled materials like plastic bottle caps into their product lines.
2. Sustainable Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity for designers to create sustainable products that reduce waste and promote environmentally responsible practices.
3. Recycling Industry - Opportunity for recycling facilities to collaborate with furniture manufacturers to upcycle discarded materials into new and functional products.