Two new Powerade drinks have been unveiled by Coca-Cola in the US, which come as the first new products under the brand in more than a decade. The two drinks feature a sugar-free recipe, and include the Powerade Ultra and Powerade Power Water varieties that both highlight new branding to catch consumer attention in stores. The Powerade Ultra is packed with branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), creatine and vitamins, while the Powerade Power Water is fortified with vitamins B3, B6 and B12 along with ION4 electrolytes.
The new Powerade drinks were explained further by President, Coca-Cola North America Stills Business Unit Shane Grant who said, "We’re responding to the shifting demands of the sports drink category with innovations that deliver on Powerade fans’ demands for no sugar and a range of hydration solutions for all sweat occasions. The definition of sports and athletes are constantly evolving. Hydration is no longer limited to sports – it’s a necessity for anyone living an active lifestyle.”
These New Powerade Drinks Have a Zero-Sugar Recipe
1. Zero-sugar Sports Drinks - Developing sports drinks with zero-sugar formulas can disrupt the sports drink industry by meeting consumer demand for healthier alternatives.
2. Hydration Solutions for Active Lifestyles - Creating hydration solutions for all sweat occasions and active lifestyles can disrupt the beverage industry by presenting new opportunities for product development.
3. Fortified Hydration Beverages - Manufacturing fortified hydration beverages, such as those that are packed with vitamins, amino acids, creatine, and electrolytes, can disrupt the sports drink industry by introducing new and innovative formulas for sports and non-sports markets.
1. Beverage Industry - The beverage industry can benefit from the development of new sports drinks and hydration solutions that cater to health-conscious and active consumers.
2. Fitness Industry - The fitness industry can leverage zero-sugar sports drinks and fortified hydration beverages to promote healthy and active lifestyles among their target market.
3. Sports Industry - The sports industry can capitalize on the emerging trend of zero-sugar sports drinks and expand their target market to a broader audience who value health and wellness in their diet and hydration.