London-based label Own takes on a satirical perspective of football culture with its latest capsule collection entitled 'Post-Season'. The new range blends together both football and fashion with its series of shirts that infuses the look of vintage Hawaiian button-up shirts with 90s football tops. All of the offerings are one-of-one pieces due to the fact that every single shirt is specifically selected to combine precisely with the vintage kits.
The ongoing collection began with a series of classic kits such as the Arsenal away kit in 1995/96, the Chelsea home kit for 1995-97, the Juventus home kit for 1995/96, 1995/96 Borussia Dortmund away kit, 1989-91 Liverpool home kit, and Man Utd 1992-94 home kit. The pieces will be available to shop online at Own and at the East London store location beginning June 15.
Image Credit: Martyn Ewoma
Own Drops the Post-Season Collection Infusing Fashion and Football
1. Satirical Football Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create unique and humorous football-inspired fashion items that appeal to fans of both sports and fashion.
2. Retro-inspired Football Kits - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design vintage-style football kits with a modern twist, combining nostalgia with contemporary fashion trends.
3. Limited Edition Fashion Collections - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop limited edition fashion collections that offer one-of-a-kind pieces for exclusivity and individuality.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the intersection of sports and fashion by creating unique clothing items that cater to specific fan communities.
2. Sportswear - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with fashion brands to create innovative sportswear that combines functionality, style, and nostalgia.
3. Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Launch creative retail experiences that focus on limited edition and exclusive products to attract fashion-forward customers.