Manchester United works in collaboration with adidas Originals on a new collection designed with inspiration drawn from the 90s. The retro designs reference the past era with nine new items for the season -- this includes jerseys, archival graphics, and much more.
One of the standout items includes the red home jersey followed by the goalkeeper's kit in a vibrant green hue. The rest of the collection includes a tracksuit, graphic tees, and sweaters in the same design language. Talking about the collection adidas design director Inigo Turner states, "Our partnership with the club goes back a long way, so we wanted to take the opportunity to really reflect on some of that history and bring a small piece of the heritage to the modern-day with a retro collection that celebrates the relationship and culture that surrounds it.”
Image Credit: adidas
Manchester United Taps adidas Originals on a Capsule Together
1. 90s-themed Soccer Sportswear - There is an opportunity for clothing companies to capitalize on nostalgic designs
2. Sports Fashion Collaboration - Collaborations between sports teams and fashion brands can create unique and popular product lines
3. Retro-inspired Collections - Retrofitting vintage ideas into modern collections is an opportunity for designers to create appealing new products
1. Fashion - Fashion companies can use this trend to create a wider offering of sportswear clothing
2. Sports - Sports teams can collaborate with fashion companies to engage their fans with a unique collection
3. Marketing and Advertising - Companies can use nostalgia as a way to market their products to a millennial or generation Z audience.