With its incredibly iconic and recognizable aesthetic at the forefront, Atari launches a portable retro gaming console that will, without a doubt, absolutely delight consumers. Dubbed the 'Retro' Handheld, the nostalgia-inducing device is based on the functional framework of the Atari 2600. The silhouette of the gaming piece boasts a sleek wood veneer finish and has 50 classic built-in games. If the mere appearance of the portable retro gaming console didn't give you the nostalgic feels, then that will surely change once you start playing Asteroids or Missile Command on the 2.4-inch color screen.
In addition, the company makes its sleek new offering quite affordable for consumers. Enthusiastic gamers can purchase it online for just $40 USD.
The 'Retro' by Atari is a Potent Hit of Nostalgia for Gamers
1. Retro Gaming Revival - Opportunity for established and up and coming companies to bring the nostalgia of retro gaming back with innovative new consoles
2. Affordable Gaming - Opportunity to attract more consumers with affordable consoles that still provide a fun and nostalgic experience
3. Classic Game Reboots - Opportunity for video game companies to reboot classic games and provide a new and updated experience for a modern audience
1. Video Game Industry - Established video game companies and up and coming start-ups can capitalize on the renewed interest in retro gaming by producing and marketing new and innovative consoles.
2. Consumer Electronics Industry - Opportunity for consumer electronics companies to incorporate retro gaming themes into new electronic devices, such as mobile phones, tablets, and smart TVs.
3. Toy and Hobby Industry - Opportunity for toy and hobby companies to produce retro-based gaming toys and collectibles, appealing to both collectors and casual gamers.