Nervous System has been producing quality 3D-printed jewelry since 2009, but its latest Porifera collection expands its range with a new medium. While previous collections were created using established materials, the new Porifera collection utilizes a 3D-printed ceramic resin. The experimentation with a new material was done in collaboration with Formlabs and will bring forth necklaces, earrings and bracelets.
The new Nervous System jewelry collection was inspired by deep sea glass sponges and its complex forms were only made a reality after adopting this new material and technology. The software used to create the Porifera collection was custom-made by Nervous System and is currently the only system able to produce the pieces in the collection. The material was made by Formlabs and each piece is 3D-printed, hand-sanded, glazed and fired twice in a kiln to produce the perfect shiny finish.
Nervous System's Porifera Collection Takes Inspiration from the Sea
1. 3d-printed Ceramic Resin - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating new and unique 3D-printed products using ceramic resin.
2. Custom-made Software - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in developing specialized software for creating intricate 3D-printed designs.
3. Collaborative Material Experimentation - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in partnering with material manufacturers to explore new possibilities in 3D printing.
1. Jewelry - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the jewelry industry by leveraging 3D printing technology to create innovative and customizable designs.
2. Technology - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the technology industry by developing advanced 3D printing software and hardware.
3. Manufacturing - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the manufacturing industry by incorporating 3D printing technology and novel materials into production processes.