This amazing infographic displays the most popular superheroes and villains according to social media. From social media monitoring firm Synthesio and Mashable, the infographic gives nerds the statistics they will need to win arguments will their friends and fellow comic book fans.
The infographic shows Batman and the Joker are the most popular, followed by Superman, Catwoman, Spiderman, Magneto, Iron Man, Lex Luther, Wolverine and Jean Grey. The world map also gives geeks an idea of where certain comic book characters are most popular. Interestingly, DC has more popular superheroes when looking at mentions on social media compared to Marvel comic book characters.
It is also fascinating to consider the number of heroes present compared to bad guys, and how they stack up against each other percentage wise.
This Infographic Visually Represents the Most Popular Superheroes
1. Rising Popularity of Superheroes on Social Media - Opportunity for companies to collaborate with popular superheroes and integrate them into social media marketing campaigns.
2. Strong Social Media Presence as a Measure of Superhero Popularity - Opportunity for companies to use social media monitoring to gauge popularity of characters and inform product development and marketing strategies.
3. Growing Interest in International Superheroes - Opportunity for companies to expand their markets and appeal to international audiences through collaboration with popular superheroes from various countries and cultures.
1. Entertainment - Opportunity for entertainment companies to leverage the popularity of superheroes to create new movies, TV shows, and other forms of media.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Opportunity for marketing and advertising agencies to create innovative campaigns and strategies that incorporate popular superheroes to appeal to consumers on social media.
3. Merchandise and Retail - Opportunity for retail and merchandise companies to create and sell products featuring popular superheroes, using social media monitoring to inform product design and marketing strategies.