It’s a testament to comic books’ popularity that pretty much anyone can name the superheroes in this Polygon Heroes series, despite it being just a collection of jagged shapes. Wolverine, Hulk, Batman, Flash, Superman, Thor, Iron Man, Wonder Woman and Captain America have all been given this quirky geometric treatment and now resemble stained glass windows more so than super-powered human beings.
Polygon Heroes was made by The Blackening Co., whose currently selling prints of these colorful graphics over on their Society6 page. Each portrait comes on a plain beige background, which only makes the visuals pop that much more off its pages.
And if superheroes aren’t your thing, The Blackening Co. even offers a series based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles using a similar style.
Polygon Heroes Morphes Comic Characters into Stained Glass Graphics
1. Polygon Heroes Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring the intersection of traditional stained glass art with modern comic book characters.
2. Geometric Graphic Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Using geometric shapes to transform traditional imagery into visually compelling and unique designs.
3. Nostalgic Pop Culture Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combining popular comic book characters with nostalgic art styles to create a new and engaging visual experience.
1. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embracing unconventional and visually striking art forms to create marketable products.
2. Printing and Publishing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating new art styles and techniques into the production of printed materials.
3. Pop Culture Merchandise - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Capitalizing on the popularity of superhero and comic book franchises to create unique and collectible merchandise.