The Politicians Under Surveillance series puts political leaders under the microscope in a rather adorable manner. Through the use of 75 fake, yet 'animated' security cameras, the series becomes both an art installation and a commentary on the unjust, power-hungry individuals that rule the world (or, specifically, Madrid). Chinese artist Ai Weiwei would be proud of this series.
Created by studio Luzinterruptus, the Politicians Under Surveillance series was photographed by Gustavo Sanabria. A simple, yet captivating concept, this series took four hours to put together. Although only displayed for 10 hours, the Politicians Under Surveillance series shows that leaders need to be watched and scrutinized in order to keep them in line. Yet as Luzinterruptus observes, "[I]n reality, those that truly keep them under strict surveillance, are the markets, loaded with unlimited power which allows them to overthrow legitimate governments, imposing in their place a race of technocrats of suspect past, in the service of the crisis."
The Politicians Under Surveillance Series is Adorably Vigilant
1. Art Installation Commentary - Creating art installations that serve as social commentaries can disrupt common perceptions and provoke thought.
2. Animated Surveillance - Using animated security cameras as a medium can revolutionize traditional concepts of surveillance and enhance visual storytelling.
3. Scrutinizing Leaders - Highlighting the need to watch and scrutinize political leaders can inspire transparency and accountability in governance.
1. Art and Design - The art and design industry can explore innovative ways to combine aesthetics with powerful social commentaries through installations and mixed media.
2. Technology and Security - The technology and security industry can develop advanced animated surveillance systems that offer enhanced monitoring capabilities and visual engagement.
3. Government and Politics - The government and politics sector can benefit from increased public awareness and discussions around the importance of keeping leaders under scrutiny to maintain ethical governance.