The official retailer of Pokemon merchandise in Japan is the Pokemon Center and it recently released a line of product merchandise inspired by the derrières of its most popular characters including Pikachu and Piplup. The line features items such as boxer briefs, coin purses and keychains all featuring cute little behinds of the anime monsters.
Often times merchandise ranges focus on the faces of popular characters, however this collection took the opposite approach by focusing on the backsides of the anime characters. The line features items such as butt pillows, bags and wearables with designs of the bottoms of Pikachu, Piplup, Growlithe and more either in 3D plushie print or as graphics.
The line will launch on October 10th and be available for Pokemon fans to collect and enjoy.
The Japanese Pokemon Center is Selling Products With Pokemon Behinds
1. Anime Derrière Merchandise - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expanding merchandise offerings to focus on unconventional aspects of popular characters, such as their derrières.
2. Character-centric Product Collections - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating merchandise lines that cater to specific parts of popular characters, appealing to niche markets and dedicated fans.
3. 3D Plushie Print Designs - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Using 3D printing technology to create unique merchandise designs that offer a tactile and engaging experience for consumers.
1. Retail and Merchandising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring unconventional product offerings to attract and engage customers, creating a unique shopping experience.
2. Anime and Pop Culture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging the popularity of anime and pop culture to create innovative merchandise collections that appeal to dedicated fan bases.
3. Textile and Accessories Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating new and unconventional design elements, such as plushie print designs, into textiles and accessories manufacturing to create unique and eye-catching products.