Addiction to technology has a number of negative impacts, including preventing students from focusing in class -- something the Pocket Points app is trying to address. Although it might seem counter-intuitive for an iOS app to stop you from using your smartphone, the rewards-based application does just that. The free app offers discounts and deals from local businesses to students ignoring their iPhones at school.
Designed for both students and businesses, Pocket Points enables users to collect points for not touching their phones. You simply open the app, lock your phone and start earning points depending on how long you go without unlocking it again. Points are converted into coupons at the online gift store, where participating businesses can reach their target demographic and encourage brand loyalty.
Pocket Points Rewards Students for Staying Off Their Phones in Class
1. Anti-distraction Apps - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop apps that incentivize users to disconnect from technology for improved focus and productivity.
2. Rewards-based Applications - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create apps that offer incentives and discounts to users for certain desired behaviors or actions.
3. Targeted Marketing Through Incentives - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implement marketing strategies that specifically target and engage the desired demographic by offering rewards.
1. Education Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop technology solutions that address the issue of technology addiction and promote focus in educational settings.
2. Mobile App Development - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create innovative apps that promote and enable behavior changes for improved well-being and productivity.
3. Local Business Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize rewards-based strategies to attract and retain customers by partnering with apps that encourage disconnection from technology.