You might not expect woollen cloth to be the least bit capable of bearing weight, but the Plyfelt Sofa proves that it can with some direction from tubular metal. The two-person bench comprises just this one pair of materials to produce a fascinating aesthetic and structural effect.
A set of subtly undulating steel pipes forms the frame and the legs of the backless loveseat. This support system can be pulled apart if necessary. When fitted firmly in place, it causes the thickly layered felt fabric to buckle and ruffle, producing its own unique cushioning system for the comfort of the sitter. Studio Floris Wubben laid an additional blanket of material across the top of the Plyfelt Sofa to contour the bottom. Here in brown and beige, the mats can be made to most color preferences.
Plyfelt Sofa Marries Hard and Soft Materials for a Contemporary Flounce
1. Ruched Industrial Seating - The trend of ruched industrial seating combines hard and soft materials to create a contemporary and visually appealing design.
2. Tubular Metal Construction - The trend of using tubular metal in furniture construction offers opportunities for innovative design and structural effects.
3. Layered Felt Fabric - The trend of using layered felt fabric provides a unique cushioning system and texture to seating furniture.
1. Furniture Design - The furniture design industry can explore innovative ways to incorporate ruched industrial seating into their product offerings.
2. Textile Manufacturing - The textile manufacturing industry can capitalize on the trend of layered felt fabric in order to create new materials for furniture.
3. Interior Design - The interior design industry can utilize the trend of tubular metal construction to create modern and visually interesting seating options for clients.