The PLTNYC Fall 2011 lookbook appears to be celebrating the fact that the clothing company is now a bi-coastal brand by embracing a strong San Francisco undertone for this shoot. First of all, it stars San Francisco native blogger and girl-about-town Ashley Ording as the model and is even shot in a local restaurant, which is appropriately Egyptian-themed.
Designed by Lirany Vasquez (who will now be splitting her time between California and New York) the PLTNYC Fall 2011 collection is inspired by the Ancient Egypt era. Influenced by the style of Alexa Chung and Zooey Deschanel, Vasquez created a line that is both flashy yet feminine, which a chic, bohemian flair.
Aptly titled Pyramid, the PLTNYC Fall 2011 collection will be available for purchase later this month.
The PLTNYC Fall 2011 Lookbook Draws From the Desert
1. Egyptian-inspired Fashion - Designers can create fashion collections inspired by ancient Egyptian culture, providing a unique and visually stunning aesthetic.
2. Geo-specific Shoots - Brands can highlight their bi-coastal presence through photoshoots in geographically relevant settings, creating a more authentic and personalized brand image.
3. Celebrity-inspired Style - Designers can draw inspiration from popular celebrities, such as Alexa Chung and Zooey Deschanel, to create fashion lines that cater to their fanbase and stay on-trend.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore Egyptian-inspired themes and incorporate them into their collections, providing consumers with unique and visually stunning options.
2. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can create themed restaurants, such as the Egyptian-themed restaurant featured in the PLTNYC Fall 2011 lookbook, to provide an immersive and memorable dining experience.
3. Photography - The photography industry can offer location-specific photo shoots for brands to create a more personalized and authentic brand image, tailored to their geographic presence.