Philippe Starck is a world famous designer with an array of industries he works in from shoes to furniture, and his recent range of plastic sandals called 'The Ipanema' offer a stylish and minimalistic shoe for the summer that is constructed out of repurposed material. The sandals range from simplistic flip-flops to strap designs that are incredibly easy to put on with minimalistic fastenings.
Starck's use of repurposed plastic in his shoe designs offers a way fashion brands can utilize waste and transform it into new and stylish products for the masses. The recycled plastic forms 30% of the shoe, and is is used both in the soles as well as the straps, rendering the sandals waterproof and ideal for an array of summer activities.
Philippe Starck's 'The Ipanema' Line is Made Using Repurposed Materials
1. Repurposed Material Fashion - Fashion brands have an opportunity to utilize waste and transform it into new and stylish products for the masses by incorporating repurposed materials into their designs.
2. Minimalistic Sandal Designs - Designers can tap into the growing demand for minimalistic footwear designs by creating sandals with simplistic flip-flops or strap designs that are easy to put on with minimalistic fastenings.
3. Eco-friendly Summer Footwear - The use of recycled plastic in shoe construction presents an opportunity to create eco-friendly sandals that are waterproof and suitable for various summer activities.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore the incorporation of repurposed materials to create sustainable and fashionable products.
2. Footwear - The footwear industry can tap into the demand for minimalistic and eco-friendly designs, catering to consumers' preferences for sustainable summer footwear.
3. Industrial Design - The field of industrial design can explore innovative ways to repurpose waste materials and incorporate them into functional and stylish products like Philippe Starck's recycled plastic sandals.