It can often be difficult to look past the blight of a dilapidated area when envisioning a renovation and refurbishment, but Piraja House is a testament to the powerful outcomes that can result when people put in the effort. The newly renovated home in Sao Paolo, Brazil, looks chic and modern despite having risen from the wreckage of a completely abandoned property.
Piraja House is in a vibrant, working class neighborhood. While that has many advantages, one of the biggest challenges for the architects behind the project — a local firm called Estudio BRA — was in making the most out of the tightly packed space available to them. The resulting design is indeed narrow, like all the homes in the area, but it uses concrete paving to appear just as modern as any home in an upper class area.
Image Credit: Maíra Acayaba
Piraja House is a Modern Take on a Dilapidated Sao Paolo Property
1. Narrow Concrete Refurbishments - The trend of narrow concrete refurbishments allows for the transformation of dilapidated properties into modern and chic homes.
2. Effortful Renovations - The trend of effortful renovations highlights the powerful outcomes that can be achieved through dedication and hard work in transforming abandoned properties.
3. Utilizing Tightly Packed Spaces - The trend of utilizing tightly packed spaces showcases innovative designs that maximize the available space in vibrant, working-class neighborhoods.
1. Architecture - The architecture industry can capitalize on the trend of narrow concrete refurbishments by offering expertise in transforming dilapidated properties into stylish and functional spaces.
2. Construction - The construction industry can seize the opportunity of effortful renovations by providing specialized services to convert abandoned properties into desirable and modern homes.
3. Real Estate - The real estate industry can leverage the trend of utilizing tightly packed spaces by identifying and marketing the potential of properties in vibrant, working-class neighborhoods with limited space.