‘The Birdies’ is a visually arresting collaborative project with Piotr Buczkowski as the creative art director, Tomasz Biskup as photographer and the costumes being created by Tracy Widdess and Ant.
Starting off as a series of bird sketches that were inspired by children's books, 'The Birdies' was initiated by Piotr Buczkowski when he secured help from knitting artists who turned his drawings into reality. The bird costumes make use of bright colors, and are surprisingly both cute and scary at the same time. Piotr Buczkowski compiled the photographs into a series of fictional publications and making several creative book jackets.
While the ‘The Birdies’ books exist only as fiction at the moment, it’s Piotr Buczkowski hope that ‘The Birdies’ might one day turn into a real book.
Piotr Buczkowski Collaborated for ‘The Birdies’ Art Pro
1. Knitted Costumes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with artists to create unique and visually arresting knitted costumes for various creative projects.
2. Children's Books - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating vibrant and surreal elements into children's books to engage young readers and spark their imagination.
3. Fictional Publications - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating fictional publications that showcase curated artwork and storytelling in a visually compelling way.
1. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring new techniques and materials to push the boundaries of art and design, incorporating unexpected elements like knitted costumes.
2. Publishing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embracing unconventional storytelling formats, such as fictional publications, to capture readers' attention and create immersive reading experiences.
3. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with artists and designers to create unique and unconventional fashion pieces, such as knitted costumes, that push the boundaries of traditional fashion.