Research has suggested that living through the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a lack of sleep from most consumers, prompting this adorable Pikachu ASMR video, which was designed to help relax the viewer to sleep.
Pikachu is a universally loved character, reminding lots of consumers of their childhood experiences. In the video, the character is situated in a relaxing, minimalist room. A breeze is blowing through the open door, and a small ball is set on the wooden floor. Pikachu, in its high-pitched and childlike voice repeats its name while running back and forth between headphones, creating a relaxing sensation for the listener. Halfway through the video, Pikachu takes a nap, encouraging the viewer to drift to sleep.
This Pikachu ASMR Video Helps Relax the Viewer to Sleep
1. ASMR Videos - ASMR videos have been rising in popularity, and there is an opportunity for businesses to incorporate them into marketing campaigns to promote relaxation and wellbeing to consumers.
2. Nostalgic Marketing - Using beloved childhood characters such as Pikachu in marketing materials to appeal to nostalgic consumers can be a disruptive marketing strategy.
3. Sleep Aid Innovations - With the COVID-19 pandemic leading to sleep deprivation among consumers, there is potential for innovative sleep aids like ASMR videos to take the market by storm.
1. Entertainment Industry - There is an opportunity for the entertainment industry to create more ASMR content that can cater to audiences looking for relaxation.
2. Marketing Industry - More businesses can leverage nostalgia-based marketing to tap into consumers' emotional connections with products/services like the Pikachu video example.
3. Sleep Industry - Innovative sleep aid options like ASMR videos can disrupt the sleep industry and help them cater to a tech-savvy demographic.