The 'Guilielmus 010' is a picnic table design that appears to defy gravity. You might be wary about sitting on this table, which is understandable because it doesn't look like it should be able to stand at all. The table is cantilevered so that the weight is evenly distributed and able to function just like a traditional picnic table.
This design by Stijn Guilielmus Ruys gets rid of the supports under the table so people have more leg room when eating. Two of these sculptural tables could be put together to create a create a full-sized picnic table with extra seating. This striking picnic table and bench is like a piece of Escher's art brought to life -- it is as perplexing as it is beautiful.
This Picnic Table Design is Only Supported by Three Legs
1. Cantilevered Picnic Tables - Designing picnic tables that appear to defy gravity by using cantilevered structures.
2. Space-saving Furniture Design - Creating furniture designs that eliminate supports to provide more leg room and save space.
3. Sculptural Picnic Tables - Designing picnic tables with an artistic and visually striking appearance.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Opportunity for furniture manufacturers to develop cantilevered picnic tables that offer unique designs and space-saving solutions.
2. Outdoor Recreation - Opportunity for the outdoor recreation industry to enhance picnic experiences with visually striking and unconventional picnic table designs.
3. Art and Design - Opportunity for artists and designers to explore sculptural picnic tables that blur the lines between art and functional furniture.