Using smartphones as canvases and fingers as brushes, contributors to the Phone Arts project are churning out mobile masterpieces despite the phone’s limited capabilities. Lushly colored pictures, experiments in distorted effects and psychedelic visuals are currently dominating the Phone Arts Tumblr page, but it won’t be long until inventive artists figure out a way to illustrate on smartphones in a manner similar to them using a pen tablet, or even a pencil on paper. Some of the talented painters are already producing exhibit worthy pieces.
Phone Arts considers itself to be an international project, with nine regular contributors currently sharing their creations made entirely on iPhones or the iPod touch. It was founded by Guillaume Hugon and Daniel Littlewood.
The Phone Arts Tumblr Displays Pictures Made Entirely on Handhelds
1. Smartphone Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new apps and tools that enable artists to create high-quality art using just smartphones.
2. Digital Finger Painting - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create innovative digital art platforms that mimic the experience and techniques of traditional finger painting.
3. Mobile Creativity - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore ways to unlock the creative potential of smartphones by developing new artistic tools and features.
1. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new products and services that cater to the growing market of smartphone artists and digital finger painters.
2. Mobile Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with artists and developers to create cutting-edge mobile technologies that push the boundaries of smartphone art.
3. Social Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Build innovative social media platforms specifically designed to showcase and promote smartphone art and digital finger painting.