The Petit Qoobo is a new miniature version of the therapeutic pet robot that will offer users a discreet way to alleviate stress and maintain wellness throughout the day.
The cushion-like robot features a furry exterior that's soft and inviting to touch, and is a healthier alternative for allergy sufferers who can't keep dogs or cats around. This also makes the robot pillow perfect for those who live in residences that don't allow pets to let them enjoy the benefits of pet ownership without breaking any rules.
The Petit Qoobo will respond in a similar manner to cats and dogs when petted thanks to a built-in accelerometer that will offer vibrational feedback that mimics purring. The tail on the unit will also wag ever so slightly with delight for further positive reinforcement.
Image Credit: Richard Lai / Engadget
The Petit Qoobo Responds to Touches with Vibrations
1. Mini Therapeutic Pet Robots - Opportunity for miniaturized versions of animal-like robots to provide alternative means of pet therapy for those who can't own real pets
2. Discreet Stress Relievers - Development of stealthy stress relievers like the Petit Qoobo to cater to those who need immediate stress relief while in a public space
3. Alternative Pet Ownership - Offering alternative means of pet ownership through the development of animal-like robots like the Petit Qoobo to cater to those with allergy concerns or who live in pet-restricted housing
1. Robotics - Development of new anthropomorphic robotics that integrate touch and emotion sensing to mimic the therapeutic benefit of pets for patients in care or hospice
2. Wellness - Opportunities for new companies in the wellness industry to develop and market discreet therapeutic devices like the Petit Qoobo for everyday stress relief in corporate offices or public spaces
3. Real Estate - Incorporating synthetic pet-like robots to offer residents pet ownership experiences without the accompanying pet-restrictive rules in residential communities that disallow pets.