Puppy Love is a pet adoption project that hijacks Tinder for a good cause, helping to match abandoned dogs to potential owners. The campaign is being run by marketing interns at the BBH creative agency in partnership with SocialTees, an animal rescue organization based in New York's East Village.
The project addresses the problem of there being over 7.6 million pets that end up in animal shelters across the United States. To kick things off, Puppy Love is starting its Tinder campaign with 10 dogs—already two of them have found homes so far and over 2,000 matches have been made. If you're a New Yorker looking to find the canine love of your life, perhaps fate will bring up a different kind of match for you on Tinder if you're lucky.
The Puppy Love Pet Adoption Campaign Matches People to Loving Pets
1. Canine Matchmaking - Puppy Love's Tinder campaign allows for a new and fun possibility to match abandoned dogs to potential owners.
2. Tech-enabled Pet Adoption - Puppy Love's use of a popular dating app as a platform to match pets with potential owners showcases the potential for technology in the pet adoption industry.
3. Social Responsibility in Marketing - Puppy Love's partnership with an animal rescue organization displays how effective campaigns can also prioritize social responsibility.
1. Pet Adoption - Puppy Love highlights opportunities for disruption in the pet adoption industry by utilizing technology to more effectively connect abandoned pets with potential owners.
2. Creative Advertising - Puppy Love's use of Tinder as a platform for animal adoption opens up avenues for creativity in advertising campaigns.
3. Animal Rescue Organizations - Puppy Love's partnership with SocialTees showcases opportunities for animal rescue organizations to partner with companies to promote and aid in their cause.