Proving that everything is bigger in Texas, lone star bride Chidi Ogbuta had her likeness made into a cake for her wedding day. She said it was her childhood dream to have a full sized version of herself in cake form. Disturbing? Perhaps, but in the age of personalization anything is possible.
Personalization has exploded in the past few years with everything from engraved iPods to tell-all blogs to customized clothing items. Everyone wants to be famous, it seems. But wouldn't you feel a little awkward eating the bride's thigh at a wedding reception? Apparently it was no trouble for the groom who sliced the cake just above the bride's knee. It took over a week for man and knife, I mean wife, to finish their cake. You can't just throw away a half eaten cake that looks like your wife, knowing you just spent an arm and a leg on it.
Bride Serves Herself to Guests
1. Personalized Food - There is an opportunity to create personalized food experiences for events and weddings that can capitalize on the trend of personalization.
2. Customized Sculptures - There is an opportunity to create more customized sculptures like cakes, but for other events or occasions, based on people or objects.
3. Edible Art - There is an opportunity to create more edible art pieces for events and weddings that can offer customers a unique experience and stand out from the typical catering offerings.
1. Food and Catering - There is an opportunity to create a new category of personalized food experiences that could be targeted towards weddings, events, or other special occasions.
2. Sculpture and Art - There is an opportunity for artists and sculptors to create more customized pieces based on people or objects that can be used for weddings, events, or other special occasions.
3. Event Planning - There is an opportunity for event planners to work with artists and caterers to create more unique and personalized experiences for their clients, such as customized sculptures or personalized food experiences.