Rocombe, an unusual British organic ice-cream company, has introduced a line of luxe-high end ice-creams. Yeah, well. What can be so different about ice-creams right?
For one, great packaging, and two, great marketing. By positioning itself as upscale ice-creams and sorbets that are "curiously scarce," Rocombe has started a fairly recent trend in food customization.
Rocombe ice-creams are designed to suit certain personalities. Sexy, seductive and sassy? go for the Black currant. Fun and sporty? you are better off with the Mango Sorbet.
Also check out the bold packaging. Very adult-y, very classy. Children, are definitely not a demographic Rocombe is looking to attract with this product line.
1. Upscale Food Customization - The trend of personalized ice cream and sorbets that cater to specific personalities and preferences is disrupting the food customization industry.
2. Premium Packaging - The use of bold and sophisticated packaging in the ice cream industry presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in packaging design and branding.
3. Segmented Target Audience - The focus on attracting adult consumers and excluding children creates space for disruptive innovation in developing unique flavors and marketing strategies.
1. Food Customization - The trend of personalized ice cream and sorbets creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in the food customization industry.
2. Packaging and Branding - The use of premium and sophisticated packaging in the ice cream industry offers opportunities for disruptive innovation in packaging design and branding strategies.
3. Flavor Development and Marketing - The focus on catering to specific personalities and preferences in ice cream creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in flavor development and targeted marketing approaches.