The perfect smokey eye can be a difficult look to master, on par with symmetrical winged liner. Also like winged eye-liner, there is no shortage of tutorials online claiming to have perfection down to a step-by-step science. But these graphic smokey eye tips from the Beauty Department might finally have a fool-proof way to master the perfect smokey eye look.
By strategically lining the lid with cleverly crafted angles, the perpetual question of what shade goes where is answered. The key, other than geometry, is using a smudge-able liner. With careful placement of this crosshatched technique, once smudged, everything magically comes together in a perfect smokey eye.
If this makeup look is one you want to try, the full directions are available on the Beauty Department's website.
This Perfect Smokey Eye How-To Uses Geometry and Strategic Smudging
1. Graphic Smokey Eye - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a line of smudge-able liners specifically designed for creating precise geometric shapes on the eyelids.
2. Geometry in Makeup - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create an app or software that uses augmented reality to guide users in applying geometric makeup techniques.
3. Fool-proof Makeup Tutorials - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a virtual reality platform that allows users to virtually try on makeup looks and receive step-by-step guidance.
1. Beauty Products - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with beauty influencers to create a line of makeup products inspired by geometric and crosshatched makeup techniques.
2. Augmented Reality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Partner with makeup brands to create AR mirrors that project virtual guides for applying precise geometric makeup looks.
3. Virtual Reality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Launch a virtual reality makeup tutorial platform where users can learn and practice different makeup techniques in an immersive virtual environment.