PDO Feta is a Protected Destination of Origin product that follows Greece's strict safety and quality regulations, and is produced in the country's mainland, as well as the islands of Lesvos, Limnos and Agios Efstratios.
PDO Feta is made from the milk of sheep and goats that graze freely and only consume their food from these areas, which are known for their rich biodiversity. Another factor that sets the product apart is the fact that it utilizes absolutely no preservatives, antibiotics, colorants, or powdered milks.
Apart from making it healthier for consumers, this focus on quality gives PDO Feta a great taste, making it the ideal accompaniment to a wide range of Mediterranean dishes. With a rich flavor that can be dressed up with olive oil and herbs, PDO Feta can also be consumed on its own, allowing consumers to truly experience the slight variances in taste.
PDO Feta is Now Available to Canadian Consumers
1. PDO Feta Cheese - Using Greece's strict safety and quality regulations, PDO Feta cheese is made from the milk of sheep and goats that graze freely and only consume their food from specific areas yielding a healthier and delicious product.
2. Preservative-free Cheese - By using no preservatives, antibiotics, colorants, or powdered milks, this creates an opportunity to develop healthier and authentic cheese products.
3. Authentic Mediterranean Cuisine - Highlighting regional ingredients and dishes from the Mediterranean can bring new and innovative product offerings that showcase traditional flavors and tastes.
1. Dairy Industry - The dairy industry could disruptively innovate by bringing traditional and authentic dairy products to the market using specific milk sources and removing artificial additives.
2. Mediterranean Cuisine Industry - Mediterranean cuisine industry could focus on creating innovative products by highlighting regional ingredients and dishes to offer traditional and authentic flavors.
3. Gourmet Food Industry - The gourmet food industry could use this product as an opportunity to showcase various specialized and high-end cheese offerings that focus on quality rather than quantity.