Kindle has introduced its latest Paperwhite E-Reader, which has been redesigned to improve reading quality for customers. This improvement comes in the form of a new font as well as a book layout system, which may seem simple enough but makes a huge difference -- especially for those who are avid readers.
Although the Paperwhite E-Reader is very similar to the original product, it has “twice as many pixels” and will display “laser quality text.” As per Kindle, "The all-new Kindle Paperwhite now offers Bookerly, an exclusive font crafted from the ground up for reading on digital screens. Warm and contemporary, Bookerly is inspired by the artistry of the best fonts in modern print books, but is hand-crafted for great readability at any font size."
Kindle's New Font and Book Layout System Ensures Easier Reading
1. Improved E-reader Display - The introduction of the new font and book layout system in Kindle's latest Paperwhite E-Reader, emphasizing the importance of display quality and readability, encourages competitors to also prioritize this aspect in their products.
2. Exclusive Custom Fonts - Kindle's exclusive Bookerly font crafted for better readability on digital screens, presents an opportunity for font designers and tech companies to develop customized readable fonts for digital spaces.
3. Re-designing Traditional Products - The redesign of the Paperwhite E-Reader shows that even slight improvements in a product's design and display can create significant benefits and lead to innovation in other traditional product categories.
1. E-reader Manufacturers - E-Reader manufacturers can explore incorporating new fonts and book layout systems to stay competitive and attract more customers.
2. Font Designers - Font designers can create customized fonts tailored for digital screens, taking into account the advantages and limitations of digital reading technologies.
3. Technology Industry - The re-design of Paperwhite emphasizes the importance of display resolution and readability in tech products, such as smartphones and tablets, and highlights opportunities for further innovative improvements.