Wicker, wrought iron, and floral print cushions are a thing of the past. Outdoor furniture has morphed into shapes, materials, and textures that work just as well indoors as out with some great advantages.
Bistro sets, coffee tables, sofas, and dining sets can be purchased at a fraction of the cost of interior furnishings, and because these pieces use cushions instead of upholstery, they can be changed dramatically on a whim. Different shades for the seasons or fun patterns for parties, using outdoor furniture inside is a fantastic option for those who like to switch it up.
Bringing Outdoor Furniture Inside Can be Chic and Cheap
1. Indoor-outdoor Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop versatile furniture pieces that can seamlessly transition from outdoor to indoor use.
2. Flexible Cushions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create cushion solutions that can be easily interchangeable and customizable for different styles and occasions.
3. Affordable Furnishings - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Produce cost-effective and stylish furniture options that can compete with traditional indoor furnishings.
1. Furniture Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expand product lines to include a variety of indoor-outdoor furniture pieces, providing customers with flexibility and affordability options.
2. Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate the trend of indoor-outdoor furniture into the overall design aesthetic of a home, creating a cohesive and versatile living space.
3. Outdoor Living - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Tap into the trend of using outdoor furniture inside and offer new and innovative cushion designs that can be used both indoors and out.