The Our Legacy Fall/Winter 2020 capsule was recently unveiled and the design is inspired by the concept of coming of age, exploring that growth period for young adults. The Stockholm-based fashion brand references this influence through deconstructed suit coats, unique and unconventional tailored cuts, and authoritarian uniforms. There is also a sense of rebellion that can be seen throughout the range.
This can be exemplified by pieces including the denim boots with brake tracks that have been hand-drawn on the design, printed tees, and knitwear with a skull and crossbones. Christopher Nying, the brand's creative direction speaks about the inspiration, “your view on the world changes when you realize that it is not as forgiving as you thought it would be. [...] The grey area between youthful naivety and adulthood is interesting because everything is still undefined and finding its place. And you are trying to find your own place at the same time.”
Image Credit: Our Legacy
The Our Legacy Fall/Winter 2020 Range Explores Coming of Age
1. Deconstructed Fashion - There is an opportunity for fashion brands to explore deconstructed designs and unconventional cuts inspired by growth and change.
2. Rebellious Fashion - Fashion brands can incorporate rebellious elements into their designs, such as hand-drawn patterns and skull motifs, to appeal to a younger demographic.
3. Coming of Age Fashion - Fashion brands can explore the concept of coming of age and incorporate designs that reflect the transition from youthful naivety to adulthood.
1. Fashion - There is an opportunity for fashion brands to incorporate the trends of deconstructed and rebellious fashion inspired by growth and change.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Marketers can use themes of growth and transition in their campaigns to appeal to a younger demographic interested in unconventional and rebellious fashion.
3. Art and Design - Artists and designers can use the concept of coming of age in their work, creating pieces that reflect the transitions and growth periods in life.