Sperry works in collaboration with Rowing Blazer on a new iteration of its iconic Original 3-Eye Boat shoe for the season. The preppy imprint updates the 1935 silhouette with elements that are ready for the outdoors without disrupting the original design aesthetic.
There are three colorways that join this time around, with bright iterations of either red, yellow, or blue. Throughout the upper, the shoe is made using a SeaCycled™ canvas material, which is entirely made from premium rPET materials, which is the recycled plastic used in drink bottles -- this gives it a sustainable perspective. What makes the shoe ready for the outdoors is seen at the base foundation of the Vibram rubber lug soul, the EVA heel cup, and the Taslan hiker laces.
Image Credit: Sperry
Rowing Blazers Updates Sperry's Original 3-Eye Boat Shoes
1. Sustainable Outdoor Footwear - The use of recycled materials in the design of outdoor footwear is a trend to look out for in the footwear industry.
2. Preppy Outdoor Outfits - This trend of incorporating preppy aesthetics in outdoor wear shows an opportunity for the fashion industry to cater to consumers who prefer classic designs in their outdoor gear.
3. Vibram Rubber Sole Shoes - The use of Vibram rubber soles in outdoor footwear is a trend that presents an opportunity for the footwear industry to create more durable and long-lasting shoes.
1. Footwear - The footwear industry can look into combining sustainability and functionality in their designs by using recycled materials and durable soles.
2. Fashion - For the fashion industry, combining preppy aesthetics with outdoor wear provides an opportunity to cater to a niche market.
3. Outdoor Gear - For outdoor gear companies, incorporating durable and long-lasting soles in their products can be a popular selling point for consumers who value quality and functionality.