'Lifeway' is now selling a line of organic kefir beverages that provide a nutritious serving of protein. Kefir is a fermented beverage that is popular in Eastern Europe. While the drink is extremely nutritious, it is not as popular as other probotics drinks found in North America.
The organic line from Lifeway offers consumers a wide variety of organic kefir beverages. The drink can be made with either low-fat milk or whole milk. Each beverage is packed with active probiotic cultures that help to aid digestion and boost the immune system. The drinks are also high in protein with as much as 11 grams packed into one serving. Overall, kefir serves as a healthy alternative to sugary yogurt-based drinks.
Although consumers may be unfamiliar with the tart and sour taste of this European yogurt, the drink is perfect for those who are looking for a simple way to add probiotics to their diet.
This Fermented Beverage Provides a Healthy Dose of Protein
1. Increase in Organic Kefir Consumption - The organic kefir market is growing as consumers seek out nutritious and probiotic-rich beverages.
2. Rise of Alternative Probiotic Drinks - As kefir gains popularity, there is an opportunity for new and innovative probiotic beverages to enter the market.
3. Shift Towards Health-conscious Beverages - Consumers are increasingly choosing healthy options like organic kefir over sugary yogurt-based drinks.
1. Organic Food and Beverage - The organic kefir industry is thriving as more consumers prioritize organic and healthy choices in their diets.
2. Probiotic Beverage - The growing demand for kefir presents a disruptive innovation opportunity in the probiotic beverage industry.
3. Dairy and Milk Alternatives - As kefir can be made with different types of milk, there is potential for innovation and growth in the dairy and milk alternative industry.