These lemon orange cupcakes take things up a notch by including olive oil. From Sugar and Cloth, the tasty homemade treats are olive oil cake but in miniature form. The citrus element makes the dessert ideal for summer time, with a light and fresh taste that pairs nicely with the moistness of the olive oil cupcake.
To make a batch of your own lemon and orange cupcakes, you will need sugar, eggs, lemon-infused olive oil, extra virgin olive oil, vanilla extract, freshly squeezed orange juice, orange zest, baking powder, baking soda, salt and all-purpose flour. A dusting of confectioners' sugar makes a sweet garnish. The blogger used parchment paper for cupcake liners and also added edible flowers and additional orange zest.
These Homemade Orange Cupcakes Feature Lemon-Infused Olive Oil
1. Citrus-infused Olive Oil - Opportunity for creating unique and flavorful desserts by incorporating citrus-infused olive oil.
2. Miniature Olive Oil Cakes - Disruptive innovation opportunity to offer miniature-sized olive oil cakes for a unique dessert experience.
3. Creative Cupcake Garnishes - Innovation potential in exploring creative cupcake garnishes like edible flowers and citrus zest.
1. Gourmet Oils - Growth potential in the gourmet oils industry by introducing citrus-infused olive oil.
2. Bakery and Confectionery - Disruptive opportunity for bakeries and confectionaries in offering miniature olive oil cakes as a specialty dessert.
3. Food Presentation and Decor - Innovation and growth potential in the food presentation industry by exploring creative cupcake garnishes.