The Omicra Chair is a stunning sculptural seat that would elevate any existing decor instantly. From the cutout backrest to the thin wireframe base, the details lend the Omicra Chair an airy aesthetic that is nevertheless completely anchored in an artistic manner. Although full of details, there is a simplicity behind the design of the piece of furniture that doesn't make it too busy.
Designed by Sotiris Lazou for Vaarangis, the Omicra Chair is particularly great for small spaces. As written by the designer, "This extraordinary chair is an ode to minimalism, creating space and volume through void. With open negative areas developed as deliberately as the positive density, its form is defined by a rhythmical relation between the massive solid of the sea and the pierced back." Beautiful and impressive.
The Omicra Chair by Sotiris Lazou Boasts a Cut-Out Backrest
1. Sculptural Furniture - An opportunity for designers to create furniture pieces that offer both functionality and artistic aesthetics.
2. Minimalism - A trend that seeks to simplify design while adding depth and detail to products and services.
3. Airy Aesthetics - An emerging trend of creating furniture pieces that are visually light and easy on the eyes.
1. Furniture Industry - An opportunity for furniture manufacturers to offer products with sculptural and minimalist designs.
2. Interior Design Industry - A trend towards sculptural and airy aesthetics presents an opportunity for interior designers to highlight these features in their projects.
3. Artistic Manufacturing Industry - A trend towards sculptural and airy aesthetics presents an opportunity for artisans and craftsmen to create furniture pieces with unique and distinctive designs.