The Oriental silk route supplies the inspiration for the new Omas fountain pens. Called 'Silk Way,' the collection of piston-filled and roller ball fountain pens represents the world's oldest and most important trade route.
There are 1,877 limited edition Silk Way Omas fountain pens. The number represents the year 1877, when the book Silk Road was published. The pens are finished in solid silver or gold and embellished with a jade tip. They retail for between $2,500 and $15,000.
The Limited Edition Omas Fountain Pens Are Inspired By The Desert
1. Luxury Limited Edition Pens - Disruptive innovation opportunity for the luxury goods industry to create or collaborate with artists to produce exclusive and unique writing instruments that appeal to small groups of high-end consumers.
2. Heritage-inspired Designs - Disruptive innovation opportunity for designers to incorporate historical themes and cultural elements in their products to appeal to a variety of consumers who value tradition and nostalgia.
3. Collaborations with Cultural Institutions - Disruptive innovation opportunity for cultural institutions to partner with product designers and create unique and authentic limited-edition products that serve as souvenirs or gifts for people who appreciate cultural artifacts.
1. Luxury Goods - The high-end goods businesses can leverage innovative designs and rare materials that command premium prices from affluent buyers to produce writing instruments like limited edition pens.
2. Design - The designers and creators of luxury pens can explore traditional themes and collaborate with cultural institutions to produce customized and exclusive products that celebrate history and heritage.
3. Culture and Heritage - Culture and heritage institutions can collaborate with luxury goods producers to create unique and exclusive products that celebrate historical, cultural and artistic motifs and inspire new generations to appreciate their heritage.