The OFF-WHITE Spring/Summer 2019 collection took on the runways of Paris Fashion Week recently and it is full of streetwear goods designed from a track-themed perspective. Supermodels such as Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner strutted down the runway in the pieces alongside track stars Dina Asher-Smith and Katarina Johnson-Thompsonan, perfectly blending street fashion with track apparel.
Some of the footwear options include what looks like a new iteration of the Nike Waffle Racer that boasts deconstructed design elements and the Abloh x Nike Air Vapormaxes, to name a few. Another standout piece from the capsule is the in-house CST-001 shoe that has a high-top cut and all-around strapped closure and branding details through the soles.
Image Credit: Eva Al Desnudo
The OFF-WHITE Spring/Summer 2019 Line Debuted in Paris
1. Track-themed Streetwear - Disruptive innovation opportunity lies in designing streetwear apparel with track-themed elements.
2. Deconstructed Design Elements - There is potential for disruptive innovation in deconstructing traditional designs and incorporating them into new products.
3. High-top Cut Shoes - Designing high-top cut shoes with unique closure and branding details presents a disruptive innovation opportunity.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore track-themed streetwear designs and deconstructed elements.
2. Athletic Footwear - The athletic footwear industry can incorporate track-inspired elements into their designs.
3. Sports Apparel - The sports apparel industry can experiment with high-top cut shoes with innovative closures and branding details.