Office Supplies Incorporated renders giant collages, applying them to urban public places. The work relies heavily on xeroxed imaged of vintage magazine photos and compiled scrap papers. The dynamically compositional works are then enlarged and reconfigured to large-scales. OSI frequents a broken body motif, slicing screen-printed images into obscure, sculpture-like forms. The resulting visual is slightly disturbing, better engaging audiences with the environment and community atmosphere.
The Vancouver-based artist was been creating spontaneous installations for ten years. Often, an Office Supplies Incorporated mural will appear overnight allowing for a more interactive experience for viewers. His murals can be found on the exterior of the Vancouver Art Gallery, on dumpsters and the bottom of bridges respectively.
Office Supplies Incorporated Renders Oversized Collage Murals
1. Giant Collage Murals - Opportunity for artists and urban developers to create large-scale collages as a form of public art.
2. Xerox Imaging - Potential for businesses to utilize xeroxed images in creative and innovative ways, such as advertising or interior design.
3. Interactive Street Art - Emerging trend of spontaneous installations that engage viewers and create a more interactive experience in urban environments.
1. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity to explore new forms and mediums of artistic expression, such as oversized collage murals.
2. Printing and Publishing - Potential for companies to tap into the demand for xerox imaging services and offer innovative printing solutions for businesses and individuals.
3. Urban Development - Opportunity for urban developers and city planners to incorporate interactive street art as a way to enhance community engagement and attract visitors.