The Mercedes-Benz ad campaign â€œObject of Desireâ€ presents a humorous take on the old stereotype that women are more likely to date men who have a great car.
The ads, which were created by Scholz & Volkmer of Germany, feature gorgeous women flocking around the lovely E-Class coupe. While this Mercedez-Benz ad is not so subtle with its message, it is hilariously well done.
Implications - The automotive industry has to take a new way of marketing their vehicles. Traditional methods no longer cut it, as it is too cookie cutter and does not connect to the driver. The driver wants to feel a specific way when they drive, therefore by targeting the emotion in advertising, the driver will associate the feeling with this.
Mercedes Benz Ad Pokes Fun at Seller Stereotyping
1. Emotional Advertising - The automotive industry can utilize emotional advertising to connect with drivers on a deeper level.
2. Humorous Marketing - Humorous marketing campaigns can be a fresh and effective way for car companies to stand out in their advertising efforts.
3. Subtle Messaging - Offering a subtle message in advertising can be a successful approach for car companies to avoid alienating potential customers.
1. Automotive - Car companies can benefit from new, innovative marketing techniques to appeal to modern drivers.
2. Advertising - Advertising firms can explore new approaches to help car companies stand out in a crowded marketplace.
3. Humor Entertainment - Humor entertainment can remain an important aspect in the advertising industry, leading to increased success for companies who use it in their campaigns.