Cutting, tying and carving are skills that Kwangho Lee learned on his grandparents’ farm. He applies them to his unique hand-crafted ‘Obsession’ furniture designs. The intertwined strands that make the furniture remind me of Ramen noodles right out of the package.
Kwangho Lee was educated at Hongik University in Seoul, Korea. His B.A. degree is from the Fine Arts Department of Metal Art & Design and has an impressive body of work posted online.
‘Obsession' Furniture by Korean Designer Kwangho Lee
1. Hand-crafted Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore unconventional materials and techniques to create unique and visually striking furniture designs.
2. Artistic Metalwork - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine traditional metalworking skills with contemporary design to create one-of-a-kind furniture pieces.
3. Noodle-inspired Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate the whimsical and organic shapes of noodles into furniture designs to create playful and eye-catching seating options.
1. Furniture Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace artistic expression and creativity in the furniture industry by pushing boundaries through experimental and unconventional design techniques.
2. Metalworking and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine traditional metalworking techniques with modern design aesthetics to create sculptural furniture pieces that showcase the versatility of metal as a material.
3. Interior Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate unique and unconventional furniture designs, such as noodle-inspired seating, into interior design projects to create visually captivating and conversation-starting spaces.