Sehee Lim has designed the O Alarm in an attempt to help the tech-obsessed get a better night’s sleep. The circular alarm clock works as a combination iPhone dock and alarm. The alarm portion of the design works in conjunction with the O Alarm app. Lim’s design features intuitive touch controls that let you spin forward or backward to set the time on the alarm.
It’s no secret that the majority of young people, and people in general, are obsessed with their electronics. Many take their phones to bed with them, and according to Lim’s research this can cause disruptions in sleep. The O Alarm is a functional way to free yourself from slavery to your phone at night to ensure that you get a complete night’s sleep.
The O Alarm Hides Your Phone to Help You Sleep
1. Tech-free Sleep - Opportunities for innovative products or services that promote better sleep by minimizing the use of technology before bed.
2. Intuitive Alarm Clocks - Opportunities for alarm clocks that incorporate user-friendly and easy-to-use touch controls to improve the user experience.
3. Multifunctional Devices - Opportunities for devices that serve multiple functions, such as combining an alarm clock with a smartphone dock.
1. Sleep Tech - The sleep technology industry can explore new product offerings that aim to improve sleep quality and reduce reliance on technology at bedtime.
2. Alarm Clock Manufacturers - Companies that specialize in alarm clock production can develop and market innovative, user-friendly alarm clocks with additional functionalities.
3. Smartphone Accessories - The smartphone accessories industry can create products that enhance sleep hygiene, such as smartphone docks that encourage users to keep their phones away at night.