Kroger launched a data-driven nutrition app by the name of OptUp, which provides consumers with a wealth of personalized nutritional information that can be used to make healthy, informed purchasing decisions.
The OptUp app uses a scoring system based on nationally recognized dietary guidelines to make it easy for consumers to quickly and easily identify better-for-you products in-store. With the app, consumers are also able to see their own household OptUP score, get personalized product recommendations and conduct searches for healthier alternatives. The app also lets consumers add items to a digital cart for pickup or delivery.
The new app was launched as part of Kroger's Wellness Your Way platform, which ultimately aims to empower shoppers with a holistic approach to self-care.
Kroger's 'OptUP' App Helps Consumers Make Informed Purchasing Choices
1. Personalized Nutrition Apps - Opportunities for customizing nutrition apps based on individual health needs and dietary goals.
2. Data-driven Nutrition Guidance - Opportunities to use data and analytics to provide personalized nutrition advice and recommendations.
3. Healthy Food Scorecard Apps - Opportunities to develop apps that use scoring systems to help consumers make informed purchasing decisions based on nationally recognized dietary guidelines.
1. Grocery - Opportunities for grocery stores to develop customized nutrition apps to help shoppers make healthier and more informed purchasing decisions.
2. Healthcare - Opportunities for healthcare providers to develop apps that can help patients monitor and manage their nutrition and dietary needs.
3. Wellness - Opportunities for wellness companies to develop data-driven nutrition apps that provide personalized health advice and recommendations.