American restaurant chain Pei Wei recently added quinoa to its menu to give consumers a nutrient-dense grain option. Pei Wei is a popular choice among consumers because all of its dishes are customizable and made to order. Now health-conscious consumers can order a dish that fits their dietary needs by opting for quinoa instead of other grains.
To celebrate the addition of quinoa to its menu, the chain is introducing a new dish called the Korean Spicy with Quinoa. The dish features quinoa tossed with a spicy sauce, sesame oil, a splash of soy sauce and vegetables such as edamame, red peppers, carrots, scallions and bean sprouts. Customers can then add their choice of steak, chicken, shrimp or tofu.
The addition of quinoa to Pei Wei's spring menu demonstrates a growing demand for healthier dishes and more customizable options.
This Chain Now Offers Quinoa as a Nutrient-Dense Grain Option
1. Healthier Dishes - The growing demand for healthier dishes presents an opportunity for restaurants to offer more nutritious alternatives.
2. Customizable Options - The popularity of customizable dishes provides the chance for food chains to cater to individual dietary needs and preferences.
3. Superfood Grains - The addition of quinoa to the menu highlights the trend of incorporating nutrient-dense superfood grains into meals.
1. Restaurant - Restaurants can capitalize on the demand for healthier dishes by incorporating nutrient-dense grains like quinoa into their menus.
2. Food Service - The customizable options trend creates opportunities for food service providers to offer diverse and personalized grain substitutes.
3. Health and Wellness - The trend of incorporating superfood grains aligns with the health and wellness industry's focus on promoting nutritious alternatives for consumers.