Nubian and NEEDLES work in collaboration to challenge one of the most staple sportswear items, the track pants. The two Japanese fashion labels join forces to take the signature silhouette and bring it to an angle that explores formalwear as well. The shift of perspective challenges the elegance of the structure and the duo think about how to broaden the pant's versatility from just sneakers.
To make it more formal, the cut is increased to that it is able to be worn with leather dress shoes and longer coats, broadening the audience to an older crowd as well. It fits loosely and is constructed from velour materials, accented with a braided side stripe. This detail gives the piece more depth and additional texture -- there are also three colorway options of gold, dark gray, or silver.
Nubian and NEEDLES Take Sportswear From a Formal Perspective
1. Formal Sportswear - The trend of combining sportswear with formalwear creates opportunities for new clothing designs and markets.
2. Versatile Track Pants - The trend of broadening the use of track pants beyond just sneakers creates an opportunity for new target markets and audience.
3. Velour Materials - The trend of using velour materials in sportswear creates a luxurious and unique texture that can differentiate a fashion label from its competitors.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can capitalize on the trend of combining sportswear with formalwear to create a new market of clothing designs.
2. Athletic Wear - The athletic wear industry can capitalize on the trend of versatile track pants to broaden their target audience and create new product lines.
3. Textile Manufacturing - The textile manufacturing industry can capitalize on the trend of using velour materials in sportswear to create unique and differentiated fabrics for fashion labels.