November 15th 2006 - no knock room is an online portal dedicated to contemporary art and whose main objective is to support talented young artists in search of exposure. It's an open door to the art world, a project on constant evolution, a place where creative and talented artists can be recognised as such.
The site is an independent project by Bia Lamarca, a 22-year-old Beni Culturali student of the University of Salerno, Italy. "Being a contemporary art lover and being friends with artists made me realise that there are a lot of brilliant works undiscovered from the media and art magazines in general - she says - and this is one of the main reasons for creating the website, together with my passion for curating".
no knock room has an online gallery with some of the greatest emerging artists from all over Europe and North America, although the idea for the website is to expand its roster of artists all over the world, and introduce them to a larger and international audience. The portal is launched with a special cover story with unpublished pictures of Andy Warhol in his daily life - photographs and text by Mark Sink, who was a close confident of Andy's in the 80's.
a New Contemporary Art Portal
1. Emerging Artist Showcase - Online portals offering a platform to showcase emerging artists and connect them with art enthusiasts and buyers presents an opportunity for targeted marketing and direct sales.
2. Global Artist Representation - Expanding the roster of artists across geographical borders and providing exposure to an international audience can create opportunities for cross-cultural collaborations and expand market reach.
3. Art as a Passion Project - Young entrepreneurs with a passion for art can become disruptors in the art world by creating their own independent art portals and providing a platform for undiscovered artists to gain exposure.
1. Online Art Marketplaces - Online marketplaces focused on emerging artists can disrupt traditional brick and mortar galleries by offering lower commission fees and wider reach to artists and collectors.
2. Digital Curators - Assisting talented artists with exhibit displays and helping them gain online exposure through curated digital marketing campaigns can be a disruptive innovation in the art world.
3. International Artist Collaborations - Artists and art lovers from diverse cultures and geographies can collaborate on intercultural art projects, creating new opportunities for self-expression and creating unique cultural experiences for art enthusiasts worldwide.