adidas turns its attention to its conscious shoppers with the latest iteration of the NMD_S1 sneaker model for the season, which is designed to be remade. This allows wearers to learn more about the processes of their sneaker and takes them through a journey of the shoe's creation using the integrated QR code that is seen on the sneaker's tongue.
This allowers wearers to send the sneaker back to the company if it needs to be repaired and remade for an upcycled process and avoid creating any waste. The upper itself comes in a Core Black and Cloud White colorway palette made from synthetic at the upper and lining for a lightweight feel for the season.
Image Credit: adidas
adidas' NMD_S1 Sneakers Tell its Story with a QR Code
1. Sustainable Sneakers - Opportunity to create innovative circular economy models with shoes designed to be remade
2. QR Code Storytelling - Innovative use of QR code on sneakers to tell the story of its creation and sustainability efforts
3. Synthetic Material Innovation - Continued exploration of sustainable synthetic materials for footwear production
1. Fashion - Fashion companies can create more sustainable product lines with circular economy models and sustainable synthetics
2. Technology - QR codes can be used as a storytelling tool in various industries, including fashion and product manufacturing
3. Recycling - Opportunity to develop new upcycling processes and methods for sustainable footwear production using circular models