Nike recently unveiled a new in-store sneaker creation tool called the 'Nike Makers Experience' that will allow consumers to make custom footwear designs on the spot. While the making of bespoke sneakers seems like it would be a lengthy, time-consuming process, this experience makes a custom pair of Nike footwear available on-site to a consumer in just about 90 minutes.
With the Nike Makers Experience, customers are invited to put on a plain Nike Presto X shoe and then choose custom graphics to enhance the design. Augmented reality, object tracking and projection technology are used to bring the designs to life on a customer's feet.
For the introduction of this new interactive in-store experience at the Nike By You Studio, Nike is limiting it to select friends and family members of Nike+ members on an invite-only basis.
The 'Nike Makers Experience' Lets Consumers Create One-of-a-Kind Shoes
1. In-store Sneaker Creators - The use of on-site customization tech in retail is a disruptive innovation opportunity for the fashion industry.
2. Bespoke Experiences - Providing consumers with unique, personalized experiences in-store is a disruptive innovation opportunity for retail industries.
3. Ar-driven Fashion - The integration of augmented reality in in-store experiences is a disruptive innovation opportunity for fashion and technology industries.
1. Fashion - Integrating on-site customization tech into brick and mortar stores is a disruptive innovation opportunity for the fashion industry.
2. Retail - Providing personalized experiences through AR and other tech is a disruptive innovation opportunity for retail industries.
3. Technology - Integrating AR and other tech into physical retail spaces is a disruptive innovation opportunity for technology industries.