The tremendous popularity of the Transformer franchise is a bonanza for retail merchandisers, and Nike has entered the fray with three new basketball shoes based on Transformer characters Bumblebee, Soundwave and Megatron.
These new characters are not built on the newer Michael Bay version, but on the classic animated versions we watched as kids.
Even, so these kicks look really good, and I like the vibrant colors and obvious association of the colors, which any Transformers fan will easily identify.
The shoes will be available at House of Hoops starting on July 10.
Nike Transformer Tie-in Shoes in Megatron, Bumblebee, Soundwave
1. Transformer-inspired Merchandise - Creating merchandise based on popular franchises such as Transformers presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for retail merchandisers.
2. Nostalgia in Fashion - Capitalizing on the nostalgia for classic animated versions of popular characters like Transformers can lead to disruptive innovation in the fashion industry.
3. Collaborative Tie-ins - Expanding partnerships with popular franchises, like Nike teaming up with Transformers, offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for brands to reach new customer segments.
1. Retail Merchandising - The retail merchandising industry can benefit from embracing the trend of creating merchandise inspired by popular franchises like Transformers.
2. Fashion - Incorporating nostalgia into fashion designs can bring disruptive innovation to the fashion industry, attracting fans of classic animated characters like Transformers.
3. Branding and Partnership - The industry of branding and partnerships can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by collaborating with popular franchises, as seen in Nike's partnership with Transformers.