What’s new from Nike? Soccer Ball Vending Machines! At Chelsea Piers in NYC, balls are often lost after big goals are scored. Now, the game doesn’t have to stop. I suppose the machines also cater to impulsive soccer players…
Implications - Vending machines have traditionally been used to dispense candy bars and other sweets, but innovative companies such as Nike are re-imagining this traditional machine. By filling up a vending machine with a product, businesses not only create buzz, but they also cut down on the cost of running and operating a retail store location. This is an ingenious idea that many brands should take note of.
Nike Joga3 in NYC
1. Sports-related Vending Machines - Other sports brands may consider creating vending machines similar to Nike's soccer ball dispenser.
2. Innovative Vending Machines - Companies can explore creating vending machines that go beyond dispensing traditional snacks.
3. Convenience-based Retail - Businesses can focus on creating retail experiences that prioritize convenience for customers.
1. Sports Equipment Retailers - Sports equipment retailers can explore the use of vending machines to sell equipment and gear at locations where retail stores are not feasible.
2. Convenience Stores - Convenience stores can expand their offerings beyond traditional snacks by adding innovative vending machines to their stores.
3. Amusement Parks/recreation Centers - Amusement parks and recreation centers can use vending machines as a convenient way for visitors to quickly purchase items like sunscreen, hats, and other necessary items they may have forgotten to bring.