Designer Nicholas Hyde has reinvented some of the most infamous sci-fi characters in pop culture, putting a gangster twist on them.
With his high pass images, Hyde has given his illustrations a cut-out collage look. In addition to this, Hyde gave the characters badass accessories like toques and pimp chains. He also cleverly titles his pieces based on variations of the characters' original names, such as 'Han Cholo,' 'OG1 Kenobi' and 'Boba Phat.'
Nicholas Hyde's take on the Star Wars crew is also followed by witty commentary that makes you love his series even further, such as "Smugglin' all over the universe in a vato chariot."
The Star Wars prints are available on fine art posters, Mac accessories and T-shirts. I cannot wait to see what he does with Princess Leia.
Harshness Artist Nicholas Hyde Reinvents Star Wars' Most Original Mobsters
1. Sci-fi Gangster Revival - The exploration and integration of gangsterism in the sci-fi genre with new twists and unique designs.
2. Collage-style Illustrations - A new art style that incorporates believable 3D models with flat and cut-out designs.
3. Punk Rock Sci-fi Fashion - Integrating punk rock staples and accessories in sci-fi fashion design for unconventional looks.
1. Entertainment and Media - Bringing new life to iconic sci-fi characters and creating new storylines.
2. Fine Arts and Crafts - Producing artworks that combine traditional and contemporary designs.
3. Fashion and Apparel - Incorporating punk rock and other streetwear elements into sci-fi-inspired fashion designs.