If you're looking to dine at Chicago's Next Restaurant, which specializes in world cuisine, forget making a reservation. Instead, you'll have to get yourself to a computer to buy online tickets for seats.
Selling seat tickets much like that of sporting events, Next Restaurant is creating an innovative solution to overbooking, and cutting out the need for an employee to take reservations. The restaurant's fare, according to its website, will feature four different menus per year that include five or six courses taken from "great moments in culinary history--or the future."
Next Restaurant Nixes Reservations for Online Ticketing
1. Online Ticketing - Restaurants can implement online ticketing systems to streamline reservations and minimize overbooking.
2. Seasonal Menus - Offering four different menus per year based on culinary history or the future can create unique and immersive dining experiences.
3. Cutting-edge Cuisine - Exploring unconventional and future-forward flavors can set restaurants apart and attract adventurous diners.
1. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can adopt online ticketing systems to improve reservation management and enhance the dining experience.
2. Technology - The technology industry can develop specialized online ticketing platforms tailored for the restaurant industry.
3. Food and Beverage - Restaurants and culinary professionals can explore experimental and futuristic flavors to innovate their menus and attract food enthusiasts.